rarewares
rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

Our Pastor found these candle holders in our Church and I

Customer Question

Our Pastor found these candle holders in our Church and I would like to know the era and history of them.
Thanks
********
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please add pictures of them and of any marks on the bottom by using the Add Files feature that should be on your screen.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will send pics.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Could not find markings.

These are 1980's era altar candle holders made of a plated metal. I can tell this by the lack of tarnish and by the construction. These would have been produced by a company that sells religious items in bulk to churches and these are not made by a unique or important maker in this case. This is why I asked about any marks. The lack of marks indicates that these were mass produced for this niche reliquary market. This does not mean that they have no value, however. This (I am assuming it is a pair) set of candle sticks has a value of $350 to $400.00.

It is important that you click the stars after you have read my answer.

I see that you have read my answer. Was there anything else about this set that you needed to know? If not, I would appreciate you clicking the stars to rate me.