Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner, Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs. Best of Nashville Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum
19572128

1991 Pastel drawing le route de crete... Stockwell

Customer Question

1991 Pastel drawing le route de crete...John Stockwell 1991..signed and dated ...matted and framed 27×33
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.

Sometimes my customers click the wrong button when they really do not want a "live conversation." Please be careful what choices you click on.

Please tell me the size of the pastel not including the mat and frame.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Estimate...a I am not taking out of frame 27 wide, 21 high

Thank you for the information. I am so glad you did not take it out of the frame.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

John B Stockwell was born in 1958. He still an active artist, living in Massachusetts.

His larger pastels this size (27x21") average $2131 at auction.

This means your matted and framed pastel, "La Route Des Crete," has an estimated retail art gallery price of $6300 assuming good condition.

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Doris, how exciting...I paid 20.00 at the SalvationArmyfor it. I hope to sell it! I have several other items I am curious about and will be asking for you.

Please consider giving me a positive rating. It is the only way I am compensated by Just Answer for my work.
You should see five stars or five happy faces with my answer. This is where you rate me. Rating me a positive does not cost you any extra.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Let me know,
Kind regards,
Doris