Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Dishes Question, I have a set of dishes that look like

Customer Question

Dishes Question, I have a set of dishes that look like Waterford, can you let me know who the maker is and what the value is.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

The Waterford Crystal is a well known manufacturer of crystal pieces. It is named after the city of Waterford, located in Ireland. Waterford Crystal is owned by WWRD Group Holdings Ltd., a luxury goods group which also owns and operates the Wedgwood and Royal Doulton brands.

Could you tell me the number and type of dishes that you have?

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't see any markings on the piece.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have other pieces if I could add them to this post?

All the Waterford crystal pieces were originally marked, but sometimes the mark is difficult to see. The easiest way is to hold the glass up to a bright light and turn it slowly until the etching appears in a brilliant sparkle of light. the etching, made with acid, is the way they marked the pieces. Could you see the mark?

About the other items, you have to open a new question in the site so the correct expert answer your question. A new question will be free for you as long as you have the subscription.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can't see the mark on the bowl. boo, my sister was sold these as Waterford.

The main problem is that without the mark, the set cannot be identified as an Original Waterford crystal set.

are you sure there is no mark in any of the dishes?