LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a pair of ivory earrings with a broken post and i

Customer Question

I have a pair of ivory earrings with a broken post and i would like to know if they're worth getting i have had them for fifty years
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Tanya. I am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. Please allow me to review your photo.

These ivory earrings by the carving were done in the 1940-1950s. Their value is $85.00 for the pair and yes it would be worth having them repaired. You will want to take them to a specialist that knows how to set a backing on ivory. At one time there was a necklace that matched the earrings. When it comes to ivory they were done in sets and along the way people sold one or the other. Thank you and if I may be of further help please let me know.

****

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site:

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

Hello, I was just checking in to ask if you had any further questions on the earrings? I am happy to help always. If you are happy please rate the answer as this is how I am paid for my work at justanswer.

***

***