Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Just submitted a question..wanted to ask you, but I think it

Customer Question

Just submitted a question..wanted to ask you, but I think it went to a lawyer??? ANTIQUE Becker Bro. New York Patd Feb 23, 1886 (1892 changed name.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I found it! Thanks. I'll answer it here and transfer the photos.

You accidentally submitted it to the "Lawyer" category. No problem.

Here's your text:

• ANTIQUE Becker Bro. New York Patd Feb 23, 1886 (1892 changed name Christian Becker)Looking for some clarification of description, resale value. Purchased from a friend of mine when he retired (he owned a jewelry store for about 40 years). He took the scales off for me to transport, so they are not shown in every pictures. He said it works and is extremely accurate. From what I see and read....mine ‘appears’ to be type model listed below (mine is older). But would like some confirmation from you please. ------------------------------------ Eimer & Amend, New York. (1910) Catalog 1910, Chemical Apparatus & Laboratory Supplies Becker’s No. 4 Short Beam assay Balance -* 2117. Balance, Assay, Becker’s No. 4, short beam . polished mahogany and glass case with glass top to emit light on rider; mounted on plate glass 5/16 inch thick. All Bearings are agate planes with agate knife edges, and the beam is graduated in 1/50 milliramme and in such a manner that the rider can be placed in the centre of the beam and used for the O point to either end of the beam. Needle deviates 50 divisions on the scale for one milligramme. Ditto with aluminum Beam, Bows, Pans, etc.

I'll have a full answer and a value on this as soon as I can.

Best wishes,
Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** your responses. I have yet to figure out how to choose you, unless maybe I go into a previous question I asked you.
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** way to get me is to put :This is for Robert S. in Antiques..." in the subject line when you start a new question. That way it will be sure to come to me.

There is a way of selecting my name from a list, too, but not sure where you find that on your screen. I work 'on' rather than 'for' JustAnswer as an independent agent so know very little of the technical workings and navigation of the site from the customer's side.

You could go ahead and ask another Q here since this is now 'spare' as I sent you a note on the other one to let you know the category had been changed and I can now access it and answer it for you there which I'll do shortly. It also saves me having to transfer the photos over.

Thanks!

Robert