Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have service, 5 pieces each place setting. Is it worth

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, I have service for 12, 5 pieces each place setting. Is it worth anything.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is very plain started buying 1955 and continued when I married. Necessary for formal dinners.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello
.
Please Note: I do not do phone calls~

I will not request a phone call !

If you get that in an email do not click that, it is not from me!

There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct honest appraisal. I will not ever request a phone call!
.
Please let me know you read this satement.
.

Can you tell me what china this is?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What are you asking. I have nothing more on silver. Also you posted a question about china. I had Royal Doulton service for 12, 4 pieces each place setting. Gave it to my daughter in law. Why that question

Hello

What I see is this: which was posted on 11 Dec 2015, 10:54 AM

Customer :

Customer: ***** *****, I have service for 12, 5 pieces each place setting. Is it worth anything.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is very plain started buying 1955 and continued when I married. Necessary for formal dinners.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish

You state you have: I have service for 12, 5 pieces each place setting.

I assumed this was a set of China, since it does not specify what it is.

Since you have no other question at all on the justanswer site, I am more confused since you say you have nothing more on silver.

I am only trying to ascertain what it is you are needing.

Glenda

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I just paid $48 to get an answer so unwilling to pay another $18. So, no. This is sterling silver not china.

Hello

As I stated earlier I will not ask for a phone call, since I do not do phone calls.

.

Can you tell me what the exact name of your set is?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Fine Arts, very plain, but I don't recall the name of the sterling pattern, sorry.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Looked fine arts up on Google, the sterling pattern is tranquility service for 12. 5 pieces each place setting, 2 spoons, 2 forks and a knife.

.

Please Note: I do not do phone calls~ I will not request a phone call ! If you get that in an email do not click that, it is not from me! There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct honest appraisal. I will not ever request a phone call!
.
To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer.
.
The Tranquility (Sterling, 1947) by Fine Arts has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $220.00-250.00 per 5 pc place setting, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
PS:
I would greatly appreciate it if you took a moment to rate my answer to you. You do so by clicking the stars, this is the only way I am paid for my time answering your question. Doing so does not cost you any additional money, I am paid by the Just Answer site, not the customer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. Good to know.

Hello

If you do not mind rating this by clicking one of the top stars at the top of this page or if you are on a phone it should be there, it may say rate expert. Thank you for taking time to do this, this is the only way we are compensated for our time from the site.

Glenda

Hello