Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I've have had this painting 20 years now. I'd call

Customer Question

I've have had this painting for over 20 years now. I'd call it the old wise cowboy. Lenore Be'ran. The colors various hues of brown. The cowboy is wearing a western hat ( obviously had seen its day) The play of the hat (well centered on the cowboy's head)
and the cowboy, plus he's appears to be rolling a cigarette or maybe holding a cheroot. The artist pulls off wisps of white hair, faded jacket, some background without having to use a lot of whites. The canvas is 29.5" in length and 24.0" in width. The frame
is wooded and decorative.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forget it. I noticed that the poor painting has water damage. How about a painting with Robin Hood and The Sheriff of Nottingham with crossed swords, face to face; ready to fight? Before I take a picture let's see if he's a known artist. S.Kelez '77
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

The only listed artist with the last name Kelez is Ivan Marion Kelez who was born in 1907. I would be happy to look over images for you to confirm what you have.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora