Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

My husband finally cleaned out s attic (some items 60 years

Customer Question

My husband finally cleaned out his attic (some items 60 years old): found three paintings that might have value. First is not titled but depicts boats, bridge, and Eiffel Tower on Seine in Paris and is stamped 'International Fine Arts Collections' #1224180571'.
Second is titled 'Meditation' and signed 'Courcelles' framed by 'A Windsor Art Product' and 'IBM number G8396 354'. Third is not titled or stamped but looks familiar....I have photos. Thanks in advance for your help.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Tim in Appraisals replied 1 year ago.

Good day, my name is***** send the photos you have of the art. You can email them to:***@******.***.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** it's okay I add them here. I'll separate them into three uploads to keep from mixing up.
The first I'll call, "ParisSeineBoats"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The second I'll call, "MediationByCourcelles"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The third I'll call, "FarmHouse"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't had a response...should I start over as a new question?

Thank you for the photos. I have been working in the and just returned to the office.

I will look at the art today.

I have some information for you, The best work is the etching by: Courcelles, which is a colored etching, in the manner of Icart. Very art Deco (1920's) in it's style. It is often paired with another work by the artist titled: Repose. In a retail setting it has an estimated value of: $200.00 to $300.00. The other works are not signed so the value range will be based on their merits rather than on the artist. The farm house. $125.00 to $150.00, The bridge over the Seine: $150.00 to $250.00. These are estimated retail value, which is what you have to pay in a shop.