Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have an old painting I purchased in Germany 8 years ago.

Customer Question

Hello, I have an old painting I purchased in Germany 8 years ago. it's extremely well done. I put it Facebook for friends to enjoy and many have commented that it looks like a Delacroix or a vermeer. I took it yesterday to a fine arts restorer who says I need to start with an accredited respected art Appraiser. The painting has De la Croix written on the frame in the back but it's not signed but it also has a stamp on the back on the canvas from an incredibly old art supply company named "Haro" which was in Paris and the company Delacroix amoung many others purchased their materials. I can email a Photo anytime. Thank you!
Best, ***** *****
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Carl,

I think you might want to take this to a Fine Art Appraiser in person, is this what you mean? The Fine Art Restorer was suggesting that also. We are an online site that values items for customers. It seems like your painting might be an original since your restorer suggested that, and as such it needs to be seen in person by an appraiser. Are you wanting a list of appraisers you can take it to ?