Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have two original oil paintings on canvas I would like

Customer Question

i have two original oil paintings on canvas I would like some advice on if you can help. they appear to be older dutch? oil paintings, 14" x 16" in size. attached are pics. the name on the back appears to be signed in pencil as "Paul".
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora Here is another question for you
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the request here. I see the edge of an affixed label on the upper left backside of one of the paintings. It is cut-off in the photo. At your convenience, please send a clear, in-focus close-up of the label.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is attached
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the image. Please allow me some time to look these over. I will post your assessment here when complete.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience. These date from circa 1900 - 1920. They are original paintings based on Victorian era genre scene prints. The artist was a hobbyist and these would fall under the category of 'primitive' works. In reference to the name 'Paul' written in pencil on the back paper, more often than not, last names written on the backside of framing paper were the name of the buyer who ordered the framing. These would be collected more for antique decorative purposes than as fine art for investment purposes. On today's market expect an average of $50 -$75 each. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $150 each.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi NoraI have painting I need some help on. It is original oil, 32 by 10 inches. attached are pictures.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Please note that I only assess one item or matched set per question here. I will be happy to help with this painting, however in order to do so, please start a new question thread and add "Hi Nora" or "For Nora" to the question. In the meantime, if you could please take a moment yo leave a rating for the answer provided on the pair of genre scene paintings, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Nora