Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a picture my parents purchased while stationed in

Customer Question

I have a picture my parents purchased while stationed in Germany between 1959 and 1963, it's a picture of a house in the Bavarian/Swedish Alps. Have you seen one like it, do you know the painter, and whether it's of any significant value? Mark Lusk
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mark,

In general, these Mid-Century Alpine scene paintings with mountain background were done by 'starving artist's' who are unlisted and the values currently are $150 - $300 as a high sale price and $400 as a suggested insurance or replacement value. I may be able to decipher the signature for you, if you can send a closer, in-focus image of the signature.

There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had no way of sending another larger signature that you could tap and enlarge for better view to decipher their name
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~OR~

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I received the photo, thank you.

The signature is W. Roimann, and there is not a listed artist with that last name in databases, thus this is a work by an 'unlisted artist'.

~Nora