rarewares
rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I have a Buttdorf and Automatic No.3 stove. I am looking to

Customer Question

Hi Michelle I have a Buttdorf and Phillips Automatic No.3 stove. I am looking to relocate and this thing is HEAVY! Any idea what someone may be willing to pay for this antique stove?
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Your Phillips and Buttdorf stove was made in Nashville, Tennessee between 1903 to about 1916. This time of year is a great time to be selling these as many people still use them for the winter. They had many models of stove and there is no one more valuable than another (actually, the saleman samples miniatures are worth more than the full size stoves!). This stove would have a value of $250 (don't take less than $175.00) if you were to put it on Craigslist for sale and much less if you were to give it to an antiques auction (most don't want them), about $40 there for a value. It all helps greatly if you are in a region where you get a true winter in the next few weeks. I am in Maine and stoves are selling like hotcakes here.

Please click the stars to rate meas a good rating is the only way that the site compensates me.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have read my answer.
If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate.