Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

How do I get a painting appraised? I found in the basement

Customer Question

How do I get a painting appraised? I found in the basement of a relative and it looks nice.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front and back (do not remove from frame). There is a close-up of the signature already attached here.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 32x47 painting on a canvas. It appears to be acyrilic. It is on a 1 inch canvas. It has no frame.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will as thinking I was going to get an answer today. Wondering if you had thoughts?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the delay, I am traveling on business. At your convenience, please send a clear, in-focus, close-up image of the signature on this painting.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 2 pictures from the same artist.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi There,

I have not found a match to this signature for you.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora