LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I am wondering about this lamp. I was told it is

Customer Question

I am wondering about this lamp. I was told it is "pre-war majolica" but don't know anything else. Can you tell me about it and value? Thanks!
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

What is the height of your lamp? At your convenience, please include a view of the backside, underside and end of the outlet plug.

There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are more pictures. The end plug to lamp was mysteriously cut off when my grandkids visited one day but it had a plug like we use in US. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The height is 19 inches from base to top of the cockatoos crest
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional information. Please include a view of the backside and underside of the bird figure.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora-have you been able to identify the lamp? Thx
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi There,

I have not found a match to this for you.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. I have gone over the photos you have supplied. I just need to see the backside of the lamp and the end of the plug in. Also I would like to see the bottom of the lamp if possible. thank you all of these will help me in my evaluation to you on the lamp. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ladyTanya65, here are more pictures. I took the bottom off the lamp. The end of the power cord has been cut off. Thanks!!

Thank you for the other photos. Majolica was designed to be manufactured relatively inexpensively, and to be charming and fun. Clay was shaped solidly in a mold, fired to biscuit stage, coated with a tin or lead glaze, over-painted with the design in colored metal-oxide glazes, and then fired again. The result was a bright, gleaming, opaquely glazed pitcher, tea set, planter, animal figure, dish, platter or urn. I have only seen one other lamp and that was of a woodpecker on a stump. Yours is much more colorful and older. I would say this was done in 1890-1900s and the value is(###) ###-####00 The cord can be replaced but do find a lamp specialist that will handle with great care to rewire the lamp as it looks to be in perfect condition. You dont want to chip or crack the piece. Very nice lamp and after researching there were very few lamps that were produced. Thank you for coming to justanswer and if I may be of further help please let me know.