Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I inherited 2 paintings from great aunt/uncle, dating back

Customer Question

i inherited 2 paintings from great aunt/uncle, dating back to the 1930-40 era in the chicago land area. one is a beautiful watercolor of what i was tole, the cal-sag channel when coal/steel plants were around there at that time. also, a nice oil painting of a couple walking down a street. deeper darker tones in picture. both are fairly large size 36w by 36. approximately. unable to find any artist name on paintings. afraid to take wood backing off as i don't want them to fall. apart on me. also on of a new mexico colors theme. large cow's head with pastel pattern and red chili peppers. author bo dean
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the red chili peppers are surrounding the cow's skull. also have coins, 1936 and 1925 mercury dimes, indian head/buffalo nickle, very good condition, unable to find date on it, bag full of wheat pennies, one being a complete set in a cardboard frame where you open it and they are in an oval shape with the 1943 one made of a metal alloy, not copper. a coca cola pen with mickey mouse on the pen, comes in a coca cola bottle tin container. plus 1922 0r 23 silver dollar, good condition. marbles of varing colors, names, ie pitted cherries, bumble bees, cub scouts etc. also paper money from zimbabwae, india, canadian tooney's with the loon on it . budweiser "bud man ' beer stein as well s/p shakers. 3 cent, 5 cent and i believe a 15 cent stamp already post marked in very good conditon. also a few old baseball cards,
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers do not work for the just answer site. We come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you. We are not at the Just Answer site, we are independent Appraisers who come to the site.
.
Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.
.
To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer.
.

We do one item per question, if you would like to chose one of your items I would be glad to help you with that. I just do not do coins, money, or baseball cards.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello glenda, thank you for getting back to me. what i am most interested in is the paitings
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Which one of the paintings? Can you send a picture of it, and of the signature if is signed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unfortunately , my laptop does not have the ability to upload images. i will go to library to get it done today debbie
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
morning glenda,
haven't been feeling well, didn't get to library yesterday. also, no car available as of yet since mine is in shop. give me a few days please, to get back on my feet. i will email you when they are up. thank you
Xxxxxxxx Xxxxxx
[email protected]
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Debbie

That is fine take all the time you need. You just come back to this anytime. Hope you feel better soon.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome