ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED
Experience:  I've been collecting for over 32 years and worked in the auction business for 25 years
61108514

I recently purchased a Thomason Medallic Bible on Ebay, and

Customer Question

I recently purchased a Thomason Medallic Bible on Ebay, and each medal is numbered in sequence at the top of the back of each. I just wanted to verify that this IS a sterling silver edition?! TY!
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. If you could please post clear photos of the and all the labels so I can verify that your collection is sterling. There were only 2090 minted in sterling each coin should weigh 1.25 oz, each coin should be 45mm in size, there were 60 coins in the set for a total weight of 75 troy ounces. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no way of sending you photos....I still have a dinosaur phone, (flip top), and my wife does the technical stuff...she's away on buisiness. The front cover says "collectors edition", and the backs of the medals are sequentially numbered from 1 to 60 per the sterling silver editon, but it looks like it might be bronze. On the inside of the cover it states clearly that the sterling silver edition is the only edition that is numbered, and yet I am confused.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, On the bronze edition each coin is marked The Franklin Mint Version of the Thomason Medallic Bible Solid Bronze Proof-Like Edition. The coins in your set might be tarnished. If the coins are numbered then the set is sterling. If you want to be a 100% sure you can take them by a jeweler and they can test the coin for sterling. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a Franklin Mint Version of the Thomason Medallic Bible. Solid Bronze Proof-Like "Collectors" Edition. It is definitely not the "regular mint quality solid bronze edition". If it was/is the bronze collectors edition, what are the "appropriate", as the the inside cover says, identifying marks around the edge of each medal that I could expect to see? Thank You. Kyle
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kyle, I thought you said you have the sterling edition. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it was/is the bronze collectors edition, what are the "appropriate", as the the inside cover says, identifying marks around the edge of each medal that I could expect to see? Thank You. KyleIf it was/is the bronze collectors edition, what are the "appropriate", as the the inside cover says, identifying marks around the edge of each medal that I could expect to see? Thank You. KyleIf it was/is the bronze collectors edition, what are the "appropriate", as the the inside cover says, identifying marks around the edge of each medal that I could expect to see? Thank You. Kyle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't mean to copy it 3xs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see your point. I hope it is SS, but what would the "appropriate", as the the inside cover says, identifying marks around the edge of each medal that I could expect to see? Thank You. Kyle
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, On the bronze edition the coins are marked on the edge saying The Franklin Mint Version of the Thomason Medallic Bible Solid Bronze Proof-Like Edition. There were only 2 versions of these coins made one in bronze and one in sterling. The sterling ones should read sterling or .925 and each coin should weigh 1.25 oz.. Thanks Mike

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nice try Mike, I'll give you that! But, I'm more confused with what you just wrote, than when we first started. To bad for you. I'm not going to give you any star rating, but I am going to ask CS for a refund. Kyle
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, If you would like I can send the question to Customer Service. Like I stated if your coin set has The Franklin Mint Version of the Thomason Medallic Bible Solid Bronze Proof-Like Edition the set is bronze. If the coins are numbered at the top and weigh 1.25 oz they sterling the bronze coins do not weigh 1.25 oz the sides of the coins should state that they are sterling or have the numbers .925 on them which means they are 92.5% silver which is sterling. Thanks Mike