ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED
Experience:  I've been collecting for over 32 years and worked in the auction business for 25 years
61108514

I have the iconic ww1 original poster entitled beat back the

Customer Question

I have the iconic ww1 original poster entitled beat back the hun with liberty bond which is in very good condition. all the edges are intact and there is a minute hole which is barely visible and a minor crease. the color is vibrant and the poster looks like it is fairly new. I understand the poster was printed in 1918, and fairly famous. I would appreciate any information that you could provide.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. 30" x 20" Artist: F. Strothmann. Printed for the Fourth Liberty Loan. One of the most compelling and gruesome images of World War I propaganda, this poster shows a bloodthirsty Hun, looking over war-torn Europe and across the Atlantic to America. He is fully equipped with his Pickelhaube helmet and ape-like countenance. Amusingly, the Germans would adopt this ape-like image to depict the Bolsheviks in their propaganda posters. This is a fantastic poster, using the most derogatory kind of propaganda. Most of the Liberty Bond posters were inflammatory, but highly effective. Americans would purchase more than $23 billion worth of bonds to help the war effort. The value of this original poster in good condition is $500.00 to excellent condition $750.00. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your poster? Thanks Mike

.

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

.