ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED
Experience:  I've been collecting for over 32 years and worked in the auction business for 25 years
61108514

I have a pocket watch face Courvoisier Freres (Sosa Y.

Customer Question

I have a pocket watch face Courvoisier Freres (Sosa Y. Hermono)
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whats it worth approx
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you I'm also a member of the NAWCC. What you have is known as a Swiss Roskopf design. Mr Roskopf made the initial design for a low cost production watch in the 1860's. He did not get a patent on the design. So several Swiss firms manufactured the Roskopf watch. Your watch face was clearly manufactured by Courvoisier Freres after 1898 when the company registered the hallmark noted on your watch face. Kathleen Preitchard notes in Swiss Timepiece Makers 1775-1975 (4 pages on this maker) that this company began in 1842 and that they made complicated high and lower quality standard watches. To a collector that is in need of a dial face for restoration the value would be from $65.00 to $95.00 depending on condition and from your photo it would be toward the higher end. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your watch face? Thanks Mike

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.