Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner, Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs. Best of Nashville Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum
19572128

How do I find a reliable art studio to display and sell my 5

Customer Question

How do I find a reliable art studio to display and sell my 5 original watercolor paintings by Emily Touraine?
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One water color is Spokane Reflections, 29 1/4 "w x 19 1/2" h. Registered Original, August 1974, Signed by Emily Touraine.Four water colors are the Four Seasons, 13 1/2" W x 10 1/2" h. I have the full set. They are numbered 1/4.
All four are signed by Emily Touraine.I have photos of all five water colors.
Mary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My computer can not find you to put you into my outlook address book. Is this a scam?????????????
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.

Besides there are extra system charges to you for live conversations.

I noted you are wanting to sell your Emily Touraine watercolors through a reliable art gallery.

With such consignments, the dealer normally will only give you 50% of the selling price.

I can suggest some art sites on the internet where you can realize much closer to retail full selling price. You would probably want to use PayPal as your means of accepting payments.

Would you like the names of those sites?

I note also that you list the paintings with size. Are you asking for valuations of all 5 as well?

The site is not a "scam" site.

We are verified professionals who are site users just like you. We are not employees of JustAnswer.com. We have no knowledge of or control over the way a customer who comes to the site is charged.

Please let me know if you want the names of the art sites where you might sell your paintings.

Also tell me if you are asking for values?

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris