Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an old butter churn with a gallon square jar. The jar

Customer Question

I have an old butter churn with a gallon square jar. The jar has an Art Deco look with raised stripes on three sides in the center of the jar.
It appears that the llid and movement had a type of silver coating that is mostly warn off. The crank handle says 40H. There is a 40 on the housing of the crank shaft and on the largest gear it has a 40, a W and a G.
Four wooden, well grained wood paddles are in the jar.
Have I given enough information to assist with identification of the manufacturer or time period of mfg.?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the detailed description. However, in order to properly assess what you have, seeing image of the churn will be the most helpful in determining what you have and they age. At your convenience, please send photos. It does not cost extra to post pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora