rarewares
rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

RAREWARES. I have another question about two pieces of

Customer Question

RAREWARES. I have another question about two pieces of pottery that are not mine and I don't believe they are too valuable, so am hesitant to spend the $40 or whatever to get information on one piece individually. I will send photos of both and, if they
are more valuable than I think they are, please just tell me about one piece and I will re-ask the question on the other so you are paid appropriately. Thank you.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

The jug is a salt-glaze pitcher made by Ridgway and Co (England) circa 1850 in the Bacchus pattern. The body of the jug depicting the face of Bacchus, the God of Wine, with grapes and leaves as accents. The handle is Pan and flute. This jug has a value of $200 to $225.00.

The art pottery vase is unfamiliar to me, other than being able to tell by the 'rings' inside that it is a hand coiled piece. The color pattern dates anywhere from the 50's to the early 80's. I think this one should be re-listed as a new question since I am not recognizing a particular studio or artist for this piece.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At work. Will relist tonight. Know it was given as a wedding gift in the 1940's, but that is all I know. Thank you so much! J
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

You are so welcome.

Please do rate me by clicking the stars if that is possible to do from work. Thank so much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will submit the other vase if you really think it's worth more than the $68 to ask a question. If you don't, please let me know. Still working, so will be later. J
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Oh dear, I did not realize that it would cost you that much. It would not be worth it, in my opinion.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to at least rate me on this question as I only get compensated by the site if I have a positive rating. Thanks so much!