ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED
Experience:  I've been collecting for over 32 years and worked in the auction business for 25 years
61108514

I am trying to find out if my copy of Dr. Seuss's ABC or my

Customer Question

I am trying to find out if my copy of Dr. Seuss's ABC or my copy of Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss is a first edition.
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both books have a copyright of 1963. Hop on Pop looks brand new and like it has never been read. Dr. Seuss's ABC has a small stain on the front cover. Neither book has underlining or highlighting in it nor any inscriptions or bent or torn pages.. Unfortunately, neither has a dust jacket. Can you help?
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. To be a 100% sure about your books being a first edition without having a dust jacket and not seeing the book in person I recommend the following books, the value of your 2 books if they turn out to be first editions ranges from $320 to $520 + each depending on condition. The dust jacket is the key the original cost of the first editions were $1.95 each. Even having the copyright being 1963 there is several revised editions after 1963 but still carry the copyright of 1963. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

.

Any person seriously in the market for Dr. Seuss books should also own a copy of First Editions of Dr. Seuss Books (2002), by ***** *****er, ***** *****er, and Dan Hirsch. Within the hobby, this book is considered the definitive guide to correctly identifying Dr. Seuss first edition books, providing detailed information on each book, along with full color examples of books and dust jackets. Given the cost of making a mistake with Dr. Seuss first editions, the Younger/Hirsch guide is an invaluable resource.

Second book is The Children's Picturebook Price Guide provides values for nearly 23,000 books, covering over 700 children's book illustrators dating from 1929 to 2006. For owners of picturebooks, the price guide is an essential tool to identify and assess their value.

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your books? Thanks Mike

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

.