ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED
Experience:  I've been collecting for over 32 years and worked in the auction business for 25 years
61108514

I own a limited edition No. A526 Audubon Plate CCXXI Mallard

Customer Question

I own a limited edition No. A526 Audubon Plate CCXXI Mallard Duck ANAS BOSCHAS. Published by The American Craft Print Guild. A Genuine Craft Print. WHAT IS IT WORTH?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. With my research checking with several auction houses and auction sites the retail value of actual sold sales from good condition $135.00 to excellent condition $250.00. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

.

This is lovely numbered print drawn by J.J. Audubon. This depicts a group of mallard ducks drawn in nature. Both females and males are represented. Great detail and color, wonderful print!!!

These were engraved, printed, and colored by R. Havell 1834. It is Plate CCXXI.

Beautifully matted and framed, heavy item, previously gracing the walls of a gallery.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife seems to think, this painting is worth $1,000s. Also, I saw one online at an Auction house for sale between $5,000 and $6,000. What makes it valuable?
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I wish I could tell you that it is worth that kind of money. The ones that bring $1000's of dollars of this print are from the 1834 original engraving with etching, aquatint and hand-coloring, on J Whatman watermark not put out by the The American Craft Print Guild. This plate at Christie's auction house has an estimate of value of 45,000 - 55,000. The one I pictured sold at auction for $240.00 the same one that was put out by the American Craft Print Guild. Thanks Mike

.

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your print? Thanks Mike

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not at this time.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Ok Thanks