Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner, Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs. Best of Nashville Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum
19572128

Doris, I have 12 French plates, 7" in size, mint

Customer Question

Doris, I have 12 French plates, 7" in size, mint condition. The mark reads Digion & Sarreguemmes. Each plate has a different hinting scene on it. What would your appraisal be of them? Thank you, Brenda
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Brenda,

Welcome back!

Thank you for requesting me.

Thank you for the information.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great, no rush at all, thank you.

Thank you.

Doris

Your Digoin and Sarreguemines plates are transferware. That means that they are not hand painted.

I am afraid that, as pretty as they are, they are only worth $10 each. See the photo of your Digoin, etc., pattern series that shows a retail price of $10.

I wish they were worth more.

I suggest the internet site Etsy.com for selling your plates.

A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Doris