ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED
Experience:  I've been collecting for over 32 years and worked in the auction business for 25 years
61108514

I have a large vintage schoolhouse wall map published by

Customer Question

Hi.
I have a large vintage schoolhouse wall map published by Denoyer Geppert. a date printed on it reads 1960. It has 24 pages - a flip map of sorts.
I'm thinking of selling it and I'm not sure how to sell it - as is complete, or maybe cutting it up and selling it as separate maps.
Can you give me more information in it? How much it is worth? Will I devalue it by breaking it apart?
Thank you
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Being that is a 24 page map collection it carries a higher vale you than just a single page map. Checking with several auction houses and auction sites the retail value of actual sold sales are from $250.00 to $425.00 depending on condition. Yes you would hurt the value by cutting it up I would sell it as is complete. You can try selling it on auction sites such as Ebay, Craigeslist or Etsy and also you can try contacting a local reputable auction house with a good track record and has been in business for awhile. Make sure they advertise like on auctionzip.com, newspapers, website ect. and take pictures this will attract the map collectors from around the US and local that can bid on the map the day of auction. I would use a reserve on the map to protect your investment so it doesn't sell for a few dollars. Remember to start out high because you can always come down you can not go up. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike

.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your map collection? Thanks Mike

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.