ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED
Experience:  I've been collecting for over 32 years and worked in the auction business for 25 years
61108514

Just found a 1953 Abrams Art book of 16 prints of Maurice

Customer Question

just found a 1953 Abrams Art book of 16 prints of Maurice Utrillo. How should I store the book and what could it be worth?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. This book is quite common checking with several auction houses and auction sites the books retail value in completed sales ranges from $30.00 to $50.00 depending on condition. If you wish to store your book properly I listed the information below. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike

.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

.

.

Maurice Utrillo ~ 16 Beautiful Full Color Prints / Plates ~ An Abrams Art Book

Description: Up for auction is a beautiful art book displaying Maurice Utrillo's work... An Abrams Art Book... Copyright 1953 by Harry N. Abrams... The art book measures approximately 15 1/4" x 11 1/4" and has 36 pages (front & back of pages counted - most of the back of the pages are blank and have the plates attached to the front of the page). The plates measure approximate 8" x 10" give or take a half inch as they are not all the same size plates.

16 Plates/Prints:

Plate 1 ~ Windmills of Montmartre

Plate 2 ~ Pont Neuf

Plate 3 ~ Rue De La Jonquiere

Plate 4 ~ Renoir's Garden

Plate 5 ~ Rue Des Abbesses

Plate 6 ~ Bistros in a Suburb

Plate 7 ~ Rue Ravignan

Plate 8 ~ Factories (Les Fabriques)

Plate 9 ~ Place Du Tertre

Plate 10 ~ Notre-Dame De Clignancourt

Plate 11 ~ Chartres Cathedral

Plate 12 ~ The Philosopher's Tower

Plate 13 ~ The Berlioz House and The Hunting Lodge of Henry IV

Plate 14 ~ Street Scene

Plate 15 ~ Sacre-coeur De Montmartre and Passage Cottin

Plate 16 ~ Flower Still Life

.

.

1. Store your books correctly. Uneven pressure can ruin a book.
    • Keep your books in a straight, vertical line on your bookshelf.
    • Don’t shelve the books too loosely or too tightly together. Too loose and they will lean and cause damage to the boards and the bindings; too tight and the covers will rub together and warp the spines of the books.
    • Shelve books of the same size together. Large discrepancies in size can cause the boards of larger books to warp.
    • Don’t stack books horizontally in a pile. Doing so causes stress on the hinges of the books.
    • Shelves made out of particle board are rough and can damage the bottom edges of books. If nothing else, line particle board shelves with shelf paper; bottom, sides and top, so that the books never come into contact with rough wood.
    • Use the right kind of bookshelf. Untreated wood can damage books because toxic vapors can permeate the books. Certain types of paint and finishes can bleed into the books. Ask local book store owners about their shelves and where they acquired them if you aren’t sure which type of bookcase to buy.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your book? Thanks Mike