Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a statue Kneeling Santa. 't know if it's a

Customer Question

I have a statue Kneeling Santa. Don't know if it's a reproduction or original. Or what it's worth. I can't seem to find the exact picture online. It says 1976 on it. Please see pics
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not got a response since yesterday
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.x
PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. DO NOT RATE, WHEN INFO IS BEING GATHERED.!
.x
Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.
.x

Please tell me what the marking reads?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you see them in the Pics?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I can see the marking but, I cannot make out what is says. I only see part of the letters.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On side what I can make out is (C) 1976 R P Gauer I Think. On the back under Santa foot looks like R Vargas. I had found some replica pics online but the base and writing on it doesn't look to match. Was wondering if this could be an original.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what the item is worth
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.x
.x
.x
To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer.
The 1976 R P Gauer R Vargas, Santa Kneeling, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $125.00-130.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.x
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.x
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.x
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.x
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.x
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.x
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! Please let me know if you rate this answer, if it did not go through then I can take appropriate measures to make sure I am credited for this. Thanks for letting me know.
.x
Thank you so much!
Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this the price for an original or a reproduction? And would it matter
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is the price of an original with the signature and markings like this one you have.

.

.x
.x
.x
Thank you so much!
Glenda

.