Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a very large painting (either acrylic or oil) still

Customer Question

I have a very large painting (either acrylic or oil) still life of Mexican or Southwest basket, fan and vase. Nora, how do I upload and send you pictures of the painting and signature? Thanks
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will need Nora, who is an art appraiser. I can send you a picture from my phone from gmail - I need an e-mail address. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora, I have an original Russ Smiley watercolor which is marked "artist proof" in pencil on the bottom. There are two signatures on the painting. How can I e-mail you a picture from my phone? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know the value of this framed piece. Thanks
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I am Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I see your requested Expert has not yet responded. Please let me know if you would like to open your question to all Experts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please open to all experts.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.

PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. DO NOT RATE, WHEN INFO IS BEING GATHERED.!

Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.x
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.x

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.x
Or you may use this method:
.x
Go to www.imgur.com
.x
click on Computer
.x
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.x
Hit open.
.x
Click on Start Upload
.x
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.x
.x
.x
.x
.x
This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.
http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...
.x
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.x
.x
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.x
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.x
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.x
.x
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
Glenda

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the delay I was offline for several weeks. The interface has changed and so has the way experts answer customers here. From your description I can tell you that you have a signed print of a watercolor by Russ Smiley. An "Artist Proof" is an initial test run of a print done so the artist can check the draft for any corrections before the print run. One of the signatures on this is done by hand and the other is 'signed in plate' or part of the print. Russ Smiley prints of his watercolor paintings sell for a high average of $50 - $75 on today's market.

~Nora