rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I have an original oil painting by Owens. It's a clown theme

Customer Question

I have an original oil painting by Robert Owens. It's a clown theme called "Quintet". It is @ 36x48 framed. Someone is interested in buying it and I'm not sure what's a fair price. Thanks, John
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Robert Owen (American, born 1930)

He has been painting for 35 years professionally. For 30 of those years he has been delighting people with his clowns.His portrayal of life as seen through his canvas touch on all aspects of life, from politicians, athletes, doctors,lawyers, businessmen and of course clowns themselves.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 1,200-1,700$.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!