Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a set of 14k gold collar stays, that were gifted to

Customer Question

I have a set of 14k gold collar stays, that were gifted to my father a CPA by the madam, "Hazel" of the infamous Sunset Lodge in Georgetown, SC back in the 1970's. My Father did the taxes for the "hostesses" legitimate way for years. The first year he did their taxes she gave him a bottle of liquor only to find out he didn't drink. So as my Mother told the next year she gave him these 14k collar stays. Apparently back then although it was a house of ill repute, it was in many ways handled like any other business and I am told all of the workers a paid taxes as hostesses. I am confident to the right collector these would be very valuable.
There was a book written. "Keeper of the House" about this place. Any idea what they may bring?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you tell me the approximate weight of the stays? Could you tell me if they have any kind of manufacturers label? Could you provide a picture?

Thanks