How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Glenda B. Your Own Question

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Category: Appraisals
Satisfied Customers: 2861
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Type Your Appraisals Question Here...
Glenda B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you tell me what these marks are on a chair - 740 - then

Customer Question

Can you tell me what these marks are on a chair - 740 - then a circle with the initials S K H - followed by 34293? Thanks....
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello There are no furniture makers in the data bases, books of antique furniture or vintage furniture that show up that they used this mark. These marks could be from the factory that produced the rungs for the chair, this happen a lot in furniture making, different parts of furniture were produced from other companies then assembled in a factory. They would have marked their pieces.The chair can be valued for what it is, but there is no way to know who put these marks there. Glenda