Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

We inherited a JOHN STUART INC drop leaf table. Think it is

Customer Question

We inherited a JOHN STUART INC drop leaf table. Think it is a minimum of 60 years old. Solid Walnut (I think) in Cherry Stain. It stores small and has 4 leaves that are in a wood storage case (original)
The legs are tapered with decorative vertical lines carved into the wood. It has #0596 struck into the top support. Wash leaf has #16 struck on the side and the leafs are also struck with #1-4 on each leaf consecutively to show their position.
The drops are 6" each. They are held out with a wood block approximately 1"X1"x5". The pull is a round brass knob. The table has a stationary panel on each end that U.S. 10" deep. Meach leaf is 13 1"/2" deep. The table becomes at its largest size 86"x38 1/4 and has 6 legs.
I have pics I can send. Please advise me how I find the true age and value.
Thanks
Pam
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send more photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora