Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Really could use some help identifying a few paintings that

Customer Question

Really could use some help identifying a few paintings that have been passed down in my family and having them appraised.
What would you suggest as the first step? I have taken pictures of them, front and back.
Rob Golin ***@******.***
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Kim D. replied 1 year ago.
Rob - Hello. My name is***** and I am a certified appraiser with 25 years in a museum and in the field much it with high quality fine art. I am happy to help.Your first step is to take a number of good images of the works, and tell me the number. Then return to customer service and ask about a subscription and they can find a custom option for your needs. When you decide how many questions (one per post) you need, return here and start with your first painting by posting an image of it here with the paper clip icon and tell me any history of the wok (where you got it or if it was in the family etc.) what the medium is (oil, watercolor etc.) and condition...lastly please remember to provide dimensions as well. If this is a good amount an album of images on a site such as www.imgur.com can help - free and easy - just post all your images there and then within each question provide the number of the image or images in your album and we are working together! This question is a start - you can post an image here and tell me more when you are ready. Do let me know what you decide to do or if you are having image problems and we will work it out. The team is quite helpful but we have email as well for images. One last important note: As you return with new posts, please make sure they are addressed to "Kim D. " so I can find them or they can be sent to me if I am off the site. This is the only way to get to me and I have a busy business during the day so I come on for my clients at night. (ex. "Kim D. I am back an have another painting to share...")Talk to you soon!Kim
Expert:  Kim D. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob - Just checking in to see what the situation is at this time. I am still here for you and I am always concerned when I don't see any response back from my patrons.
Let me know how I can help!
Kim