Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have some Bavarian china that was bought by my parents during the ye

Customer Question

I have some Bavarian china that was bought by my parents during the years 1943-1945. I was trying to figure out the pattern and value. I actually have two sets. One is encrusted gold and the other silver patterned. The gold encrusted set is Hutschenreuther and is dated 1939-1943 I believe. The silver set is simply label Bavaria. It has a crown with an uneven wreath surrounding the crown.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question however I only assess one item or matched set per question. At your convenience, please choose one set and send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal. When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range. When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely,Nora