Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have an abstract painting by a Pilipino artist named Alfredo

Customer Question

I have an abstract painting by a Pilipino artist named Alfredo "Fred" Sabater - this painting is fairly unique - in that - Fred usually painted landscapes, western art and portraits - one of his more famous paintings "watusi tribe" which sold in auction in 1990 for 50k is an abstract & the artist also told me that another one of his abstracts (that looks a lot like mine) was sold at a charity auction to Magic Johnson for 250k. Mr. Sabater also received a certificate of special congressional recognition for his donating paintings to help Pilipino American organizations. some of his paintings are also hanging in the presidential palace in the Philippians. I am trying to decide if it is worth trying to sell it, I did get an insurance appraisal years ago and they valued it at 20k (but I no longer have the paper work for that.)
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is the certificate of authenticity and picture of signature
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
Could you please clarify what information it is that you seek on your painting here.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought you were an appraiser? was I wrong?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I do assess artwork for value. In your original posting you state you are attempting to decide if you should sell or not and that your painting was valued at $20,000.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this appraisal was many years ago - I am trying to determine current value.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora