Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a 2 inch circumference silver pendant with filigree

Customer Question

I have a 2 inch circumference silver pendant with filigree around the edges. The image on the pendant is an Eastern icon of the Virgin Mary and Christ. The lettering seems to be Greek and the pendant seems old. Any idea where I can get it appraised?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send an image of the back side and a more close-up of the front so as to see the lettering on this.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are additional phot.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~ Thank you for the images and for your patience. The medal is Greek Orthodox. The silver filigree work was likely done in Palestine, where this craft with silver is prevalent. On today’s market, expect to garner $25 - $45 for your religious pendant medal of the Virgin and Child. Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know! Your question will NOT close after you leave rating. Sincerely,Nora