Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a watch from the 40s a women's watch all i have is

Customer Question

hi i have a watch from the 40s a women's watch all i have is the patent number(###) ###-#### ***** a wittnauer Swiss from the 40s, gold on the outside and 100 percent stainless steel on the inside. trying to find some value Ive looked all over the internet, taking pictures and still cannot find one just like this. i dunno what to do with it. its gotta be valuable because you cannot find a watch like this
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I would like to see a photo of the watch. The patent number that you noted is a patent given on November 16, 1965 to Poon Yuen Sang of Hong Kong for Baldwin Watch Bracelets of New York for Interchangable Variable Width End Attachments for Watchbands. This will shed some light on the band at least.
Photos will help me, but I will also need you to remove the back case if you can because there is a lot of info on the inside of a watch case. There should be a 'lip' on one end of the case that allows you to pry or pop off this case. Don't force anything if you see no lip there. Let me know what you can read there including any numbers.