AppraiserGreg
AppraiserGreg, Appraisal Expert
Experience:  Researcher
46856550

I received as a gift in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 1977 a jean

Customer Question

I received as a gift in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 1977 a jean lassale Geneve watch. Supposedly he only made just over 300 in '76, '77. It was unique as it was only 1.2 mm thick and had famous 1200 caliber developed and built by Pierre Mathys. He equipped the rear of watch case with a sapphire glass making the '76 Lassale one of first watches with movement visible from rear. I have tried numerous times to get an appraisal and so far have had no luck. Inside has serial #929Y 17.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  AppraiserGreg replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** reason you are having such difficulty is the rarity of the item and the location where this person worked and sold. If it was an American maker, it would be easier to value but most of these items are only located in the Saudi Arabia area and have not been looked at enough (evaluated and valued) to give a good estimate. I wish I had better news but the best thing to do with this rare an item is to take to an appraiser with a physical location (or a trusted jewler) to get a better estimate as this item would need to be visually inspected. **********What can you expect now.... It may take several responses back and forth in order to try to provide the resources and support you need on this question. As soon as an expert responds, you are charged for the question value you have places. I am not an employee of this Website but am working for, and paid by, you as the customer when you rate my response as okay, good, or excellent (or 3, 4, or 5 stars depending on the rating system you are provided). Remember that you are rating my professional services and not the Website itself (or issues you have with the site itself). If you are thinking of leaving a lower rating, please be sure to reply back first to see if I am able to assist further with your prompt. Thanks and have a wonderful rest of the week! Greg