rarewares
rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I have a smallish oil painting approximately 7"x9" of a bird's

Customer Question

I have a smallish oil painting approximately 7"x9" of a bird's nest surrounded by flowers. Normally, I would dismiss the content but it appears to be very well done.
The signature is a cursive V with a pronounced circular extension that ropes around the midsection of the V.
The date is 02. I'm guessing that reflects 1902.
Do you have any idea who the artist might be?
Thank you for any information you might have.
RG
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Please add a photo of the painting, the back and some details of the canvas/stretcher construction. You can add pictures by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are two pictures
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. I will try again
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I do hate giving bad news. This is a reproduction of a painting by Vincent Clare (1855 to 1930) . Vincent Clare was active/lived in England and was known for floral and fruit still life painting. He did many paintings that featured a bird's nest amongst flowers. This piece was created in 1902. I can tell that this is a printed original with varnish because when I enlarge any of your close-up photos, I can see a series of halftone dots used in the color printing process. This piece being a reproduction has a value of $45.00. If it were an original, it would have a value of $600-$800.00.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Let's close this question by having you click the stars. If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'forCustomer so that you could get me again.