rarewares
rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I have a Gustavsberg vase by Kage 1929 - deep spring green

Customer Question

I have a Gustavsberg vase by Kage 1929 - deep spring green with small gold fern filigree. How much would it be worth?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Please add a photo of the vase and any marks on the bottom. You can do this by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I will need another photo. Don't use a flash and back up away from the piece another foot or so to get a clear picture of the marks on the bottom. Also add a picture of the vase.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try and send some good photos particularly better one of the marks. I have just uploaded photos from IPhone. There is an impressed number behind the writing and there is an anchor but instead of Argenta there is Kage with a circle above the A. I'll get back to you as soon as I can send the photos. The vase is in mint condition and is a beautiful deep lettuce green with a scalloped edging and gold inside and gold filigrees.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
If it is easier, you can also email pictures to***@******.*** and put FORCustomerIN ANTIQUES in the subject line so that they will get forwarded to me. This method takes a bit longer, so thank you in advance for some patience.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** were in my mail this morning.
Your Gustavsberg Kage vase from 1929 has a value of $265.00.
The Gustavsberg pieces that are worth more are the ones with ARGENTA on the bottom; they would have a silver inlay design within the green glaze.
Gustavsberg porcelain factory was founded in 1827 near Stockholm, Sweden. It is best known to collectors for its twentieth-century pottery, especially a green stoneware with silver inlay called Argenta. The items are in the art deco style.The company was sold in the 1990s.