Kim D., Certified Appraiser & Antique Expert
Experience:  25 Yr Decorative & Fine Art, Historic Objects Expert, CAGA, AOA
49865320

May Neill - Oil painting 64cm X 54cm Looking North over Clontarf

Customer Question

May Neill - Oil painting 64cm X 54cm Looking North over Clontarf date early 1980s valuation for insurance
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Kim D. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** and I am a certified appraiser with 25 years in a museum and in the field much it with high quality fine art. I am happy to help. This Australian 20th century oil by May Neill does have value at high end auction.
The artist has only been seen a few times over the last eight years but her colorful oils are more desirable than her softer watercolors.
This particular size painting by Neill according to the last five years of data of sales Worldwide shows a current retail value in the range of 300.00-400.00 (USD) at private sale or fine art gallery. Thus if you need a number for replacement value 400.00 (USD) would be appropriate in this good condition and gilt period frame and mat.
If this were sold in the near future a new surround would be a worthy up grade to make the painting a bit more modern in presentation and add another 50.00-75.00 (USD)..not a bad thing to note!
Best wishes and take care of this nice investment quality work.
PS If you have other items of interest please remember my name. Any post addressed to “Kim D” at the head of the question will be sent to my inbox so I can help my return patrons first!
I would be more than happy to work with you again!