Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a large Oil painting which was acquired as a gift

Customer Question

I have a large Oil painting which was acquired as a gift from a client of mine roughly 16 years ago purchased at a gallery in Miami beach she recalls the range of the painting being worth roughly 10,000 but does not remember the name of the gallery or
the artist. It's a beautiful painting in length stretching 72 inches in height 59 inches I have tried with a couple galleries to find out who the artist is based off the signature have had no luck please see the attached pictures and hopefully you may be able
to shed some light Who the artist is and how much the painting make it work many thanks and kind regards, ***** *****
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,
Thank you for the request and images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,
At your convenience, please send more images from different angles of the signature.
Also, is there any information or clues on the backside of the painting?
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You're some additional photos Nora I hope this helps, unfortunately there's nothing written on the back
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional images.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just following up to see if there's anything else you need from my end
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,
At your convenience, please send more images from different angles of just the signature only that will be helpful.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora, I did send additional photos on the previous email to you and mentioned that unfortunately there's nothing on the back
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I received the additional images of the painting from different angles, however I only need to see just close-ups of the signature only from different angles.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora here here are some close-ups of the signature my apologies
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,
I am not able to decipher this signature for you.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you regardless for your effort and attention would you possibly be able to find out the value of a large bronze sculpture for me the artist is fairly well-known his name is Clemente thank you regardless for your effort and attention would you possibly be able to find out the value of a large bronze sculpture for me the artist is fairly well-known his name is Spampinato
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The statues roughly 3 1/2 feet tall and the first name is Clementi