Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Ceramic or pottery bowl with circles on the inside bottom.

Customer Question

ceramic or pottery bowl with circles on the inside bottom. marked as nina no 7
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Certainly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Antique ceramic bowl with insignia in bottom. Need appraisal.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I am not able to decipher the impression stamp mark on the underside with these photos.
Perhaps, if you can try a pencil rubbing, it may show the letters better.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanku. Will try that and send u picture
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Great!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora, per your request - the etching of the ceramic bowl. The additional image details a second bowl needing appraisal. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the new images.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,
I have not found a match to this for you.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. great!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
They said they would hand it off to another expert but it has been two days and haven't had any correspondence ant all
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,We only do one item per question, so I would like to stick to the NINA bowl here in this answer. To be clear, I will need one more picture of the mark (light it from one side only and do not use a flash-this will cause a deep shadow in in the letters and allow them to be more easily read). I will also need a photo of the bowl so that I know that I am looking at the right item. (This is why we only do one item per question because it can get confusing).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. thankyou. will do soon
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Great, thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 pictures of NINA ceramic bowl per appraiser request.