Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Howdy, I have a bronze of Ronald Ragean lot of grit its 15/40

Customer Question

Howdy, I have a bronze of Ronald Ragean lot of grit its 15/40 1981
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Is the bust signed? Example below. or another artist Lawrence Heyda made a bronze as well. If you could post a picture that might help find which one you have. Thanks Mike
This bronze bust of former president Ronald Reagan is one of a limited run of only 40 pieces. Signed by the artist, Broge Kelrain, and numbered individually, this sculpture is sure to impress. The dimensions of the bronze ar:H28 x W18 x D11 inches. Weight 55 pounds.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says; 40th President
Lot of Grit
15/40
Ronald Reagan
Vic Lemmon [ then a circle with a c in it ] 1981
on the left of Vic Lemmon I just noticed that there is a ***** *****ke a Y there is like an ark across the top of it and kind of a straight line under it. may be a bubble in the bronze.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this didn't weigh but I think 48 or 46 lbs I shipped it I just came home from a trip and I'm tired. I do have pictures but it will have to wait. Ronald has some enamel or like a green shirt. I did see on his heal there is tarnish not much yet green.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning its 3:48am
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Yes if you can post a picture I can narrow it down. Thanks Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with out seeing it in a picture? There is a picture of #1 on google it looks just the same as that only the number on it is 15/40 give me a break here i'm not rich yet. I already put out over a hundred bucks and have gotten nothing but you wanting more information. I have the receipt with the artist signature on it and my fathers name written in the artist handwriting. How much is this thing worth at action. Low to High. It said I can get my money back if I'm not satisfied so please satisfy me now. Its pristine a little oxidation on the heal of one cowboy boot. never been polished, sat in the shade the statue is perfectly intact. no breaks scratches on the bronze. there is one tiny nick in the wood couldn't be more than 1/16" x 1/16 "
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
Based on comparables, your signed limited edition polychromed bronze of President Ronald Reagan on horseback that was created by Vic Lemmon should carry an auction estimate of $3500 - $5000 on today's market.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora