Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a couple books I needed to know how much they are worth

Customer Question

I have a couple books I needed to know how much they are worth or if you can tell me where to go to get an appraisal.
1. BEATO de Valcavado ......it has a certificate on the back page
TESTIMONIO COMPANIA EDITORIAL
CERTIFICA No 248 Madrid Oct 20000
It a very large leather bound brown Hard book estimate 18 inch by 12 inch
it came in a beautiful box lined in suede
it also has a book included BEATO D LA UNIVERSIDAD D VALIADOLID
2. OFICIO DE LA VIRGEN VAT. LAT. 3781 ..... which also came in a brown book box with another book included. I know that these were very rare and they are in Perfect condition. I just am not fluent in latin or Spanish, having a hard time ...
can you help?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !

Click the link: for instructions on uploading images

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.

.
.
.
.
.

This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.

http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...

.

Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".

.

In the body of the message put , your user name and name.

.

Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.

.

.

Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.

Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://imgur.com/w2DS6sz

Lets see if this works please let me know

and thank you

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Valerie
Can you send me some pictures of the inside of the first book? Cover page, first pages, and any that are interesting in the book.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OH Glenda, I have moved the two books to a friends house and in her safe. I wont back until Tuesday. I can take pictures then if need be...??

I appreciate all your help,, thank you so much...

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Valerie
Ok, thank you, ***** ***** to see them because it is very possible these are very expensive books, if the one is the same one I am finding you will need to have this looked at in person by a Rare Book Appraiser, the one's I am finding are value at over 5000.00. I just want to make sure what you have and get you to the right place.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

big book

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Valerie

These do look to me to be the expensive books. You need to take these to a rare book dealer or appraiser in your area so they can look at your books.

Glenda