Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

My mother was given this brooch about 40 years ago

Customer Question

Hello My mother was given this brooch about 40 years ago from a gentleman in Japan. She was told they were Mikimoto pearls. Can you please tell me the approximate value and any other information you may have? The brooch is about 15cm in width. Regards
Di Andrew
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Di,I am not able to enlarge the photo to see the mark there on the back. Please use a magnifying glass (or some really good eyes!) to tell me what is there as a mark. I am looking for sterling, 10k, 14k, 18k, 585, or 750 to be there or maybe a maker initials (in that case these would not be Mikimoto). Also look for the word Mikimoto on the needle of the pin.