Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

My great grandmother crocheted an afghan in eggshell white

Customer Question

My great grandmother crocheted an afghan in eggshell white made of thread - not yarn - like a doilie. It is in tact, good condition with minor discoloration. It measures 88"x78" and weighs 10.5 lbs. It has 430 4.5"x4.5" motifs. The hook size is a 12 and was made in approx. 1960. Do you know where I could get an appraisal or possibly the value of this piece? Thank you. Carleen XXXX
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent the photos in a reply email. Customer service assured me yesterday that they would direct them to the right place. They also assured me that they had changed my category to "appraisal". If you need anything else please let me know. Thank you.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi ,
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
Thank you for your patience.
On today’s market, your fine tatted or crocheted spread would sell at auction for a high of $800 - $1000. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $2000.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora