Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a coin that could be potentially worth over 1 million

Customer Question

I have a coin that could be potentially worth over 1 million dollars. I'd had an expert on here look at it, and I also sent pictures to Christie's. My concern is having it graded, because the closest location is in Sarasota Florida and a dealer (which we are not) has to bring the coin into them for a 24 hour grading. We do not trust anyone with this coin...what do you suggest? Is there a way to get it graded in Florida get it graded in front of us? or the next best thing?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
Have you received a response back yet from Christie's and have you tried other auction houses who specialize in numismatics?
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes they said I have to have it graded before they will put it up for auction.

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Understood.
Other than referring you to the top 4 grading services, which I presume you are already aware of, I do not know of one you can go to in person in Florida.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora