Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Again, Frank. Here is an antique coffee table. It

Customer Question

Hello again, Frank. Here is an antique coffee table. It appears in some photos taken in late 1952 or early 1953, so I know it is at least that old. There are no identifying marks on it. As you can see, it is solid wood and was originally all veneered.
At some point, my father covered the damage caused by one of my younger brothers picking at, and peeling off, some of the veneer from the table top. He used Formica - no generic laminates that far back in time. It did hold up, by golly, along with reducing
the value. The veneer remains only on the legs and bottom supports. Let me know what you think. Sandy
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning Sandy,
From what I can see the table looks art deco. Do you by chance have a photo of the table top or the table in it's entirety?
Thanks very much for your time,
Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I do. It should have been the first photo which I see doesn't show for me. Let me try again. Sandy
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sandy, Thanks for getting back to me with that photo. Your art deco coffee table would have been produced circa 1940's. The table looks to be in great shape from the photos and even though Art Deco is not quite as in vogue at the moment there are still plenty of collectors out there looking for interesting and abnormal art deco pieces. If you were going to attempt to resell the table a realistic fair market or resale value would be between 400-500USD. In a retail shop you may be able to clear as high as 750USD depending on the local buyers and their interest in art deco furniture.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
I hope this information was helpful to you today.Best of luck with your vintage coffee table.Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.Thank You,FrankPlease let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.