Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I inherited a bunch of paintings: I have a signed chromolithograph Barber "Suspense&q

Customer Question

I inherited a bunch of paintings: I have a signed chromolithograph Barber "Suspense" but has water damage; an unsigned water damaged chromolithograph and has "Copyright 1902 by M.F. Tobin New York" style looks very similar to the Barber painting; a water damaged print by Christy "on the Field of Honour"; a painting by W.H. Wright and I can't find a name for it. I can send pictures, if you are interested.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Kim D. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** and I am a certified appraiser with 25 years in a museum and in the field much it with high quality fine art. I am happy to help.
These sound interesting and depending on the amount of damage may still have value but we would need to see them. The paintings if they are oil as well would have value, especially well preserved but again, I can not tell much without an image..condition is key as well as compositions, provenance, dimensions and markings /signatures etc.
A subscription is first as we handle one..sometimes two items with a very large collection..at a time. Please return to customer service and discuss with them a custom made package (you need not buy more questions than necessary) and we can handle each and all of these in depth.
Images would help greatly so an album on a free sharing site such as www.imgur.com is great.
We can discuss that when you return. Just address your new posts to Kim D. and I will be here to help (each item would be a different question addressed to Kim D. with one or more images of the works in the question)
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Kim